Monday 17 February 2014

HELLO Fellow Cycling Bugs!

 

The new online cycling community called The Cycling Bug goes live today!  I will be one of several Bug Bloggers and can't wait to engage in conversations with more people about anything and everything bike-related.

I came back to cycling as an adult in July 2009 at the age of 40 -- and totally fell in love with it! (I've linked to my tale of taking up cycling but there's a lot more to that story so do watch this space!)

My bikes are a well-maintained fleet of 6-and-a-half -- the half being the back of a tandem! For commuting and errands, I ride Bridget the black Surly Cross Check... unless it involves a trip into London, in which case Lucy the 8-speed Brompton gets the gig. For pleasure and fitness, I adore getting in long happy miles on my custom Enigma Etape touring bike, Riley.

Some of the topics I've covered in my blog:  ride reportsmessenger bag reviews, an overwhelmingly popular review of Carradice’s new Stockport bag for the Brompton S-type bicycle, musings on health issues and bike fit, not to mention a momentous decision to get a custom bike.

In the coming months, I will be sharing a lot about our preparations to go cycle touring in Scotland in June. I've already begun talking about our Itinerary and my cycle training and fitness plans - just follow the hashtag #ScotTourTrain both here and on Twitter (@Velovoice) to follow our journey!


Oh yes, and... I am often forced to reach around a cat to get to my keyboard to write these posts. Any typos are hers, not mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This