Monday 10 February 2014

A Beautiful Day

... and a beautiful bicycle. Or at least I think so! 

I was coming down the hill fairly fast but spotted a "gateway to a view" and had to stop. 

Image: Google Street View

This is the view westwards across the valley to Markyate, taken from footpath opposite High Winds Farm on Hicks Road.  






This is Old Hunters Lodge on the eastern approach to Whipsnade. I believe the building on the left is now a pub.


On top of Dunstable Downs at the Visitor Centre, looking NW towards Aylesbury.


Ivinghoe Beacon to the southwest, with a rainstorm gathering beyond.


Looking more westerly, the village at the foot of the hill is Edlesborough.


Judging the increasingly heavy rainstorm I could see advancing over Ivinghoe Beacon, I didn't linger! I had to detour to Dunstable town so unfortunately the storm caught up with me -- I arrived home soaking wet.

But then of course, while I was putting away my bike, the sun came out!

Total "mileage":  26.1 km in 1hr 16min 25sec, 20.49kpm average speed (!) with maximum speed 48.6kph (probably down Whipsnade Road into Dunstable).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This